Saturday, April 27, 2019

What goes around, comes around...

In my most recent BLOG I talked about Making Memories...the importance of setting aside time to spend with others, Quality Time, perhaps sharing an experience with another, which becomes a "life-long memory" for you and for others. During devotions, this morning, it hit me like a brick that God wants to spend quality time with me in the same way!

The Psalm cited was Psalm 51:10-19, which was David's prayer to God after his mess-up with Bathsheba. This Psalm is one of my favorites, parts of which I will cite below because it really "nails it" , probably for most all of us...

'Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed O God, you who are God my Savior, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness. Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise.' ...'my sacrifice O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise....'

When we have done something wrong, or failed to do what we should have, and are truely sorry, God will help us to know what we need to do going forward... And perhaps looking back years later, we will feel assured that it was the right thing to do!

And so, What goes around comes around...in the sense that God wants to spend quality time with us in the same way that we want to spend with others in our life! And, as we look back, we can enjoy and appreciate the dividends of our God-inspired actions of the past...
And so, lets seek God's guidance going forward today and each day, as we interact with others!

God's Blessings...


No comments: