Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Needs versus Desires...



As I think today about my needs and compare them with my desires, I realize that my needs have been more than provided for. God has blessed me and my family in ways that I cannot totally identify. Actually, looking back over my life and past prayer requests, I realize that God's provisions have been there even without my asking. 

My lesson learned is summarized in one of the Proverbs, which I have shared with my children when they were dealing with various "issues". Proverbs 3:5-6  'Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, submit to him and he will make your paths straight.'

How often have we prayed really not even knowing what to ask for?  God's plan for us and for others is often not obvious or certain. We really must trust that God's love and guidance, when we seek Him, will provide the necessary steps for us. Answered prayer is easier to see in hindsight.

I totally agree with what C.S. Lewis once said 'God intends to give us what we need, not what we now think we want!' Let's face it, we don't have all the answers, but God does. Let our prayer today be, 'Dear Lord, you alone are God and you love every one of us! Please give us this day our needs and guide us according to Your Will for those who will cross our paths today. Amen.'





No comments: