Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Life lesson... be an encourager.

My Encourager
I got a text message the other day from Madison, one of my granddaughters, who reads my BLOG and noticed that it had been a while since I had made a post. She wanted me to know how much she enjoys reading Grampa's posts and encouraged me to post another soon. Needless to say, I was so excited to think that Madison liked to read my stuff, I was re-energized to get back to my BLOG.

We can all learn from each other, and today, I am learning BIG TIME about the importance of encouraging one-another from my own granddaughter. Shown here is a picture of Madison, which I took last year at her high school graduation. Over the years, I have watched her grow up as a nurturer and an encourager of others. Today, Madison has set an example for 'Gramps' to follow!

I am reminded of the words in 1 Thessalonians 5:11. 'Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing'. Another encouraging verse comes from Proverbs 16:24, 'Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.'

'As this BLOG is named, "We are Blessed..." and God reminds me of this everyday! Let's resolve to be an encourager of others who cross our path today, and each day going forward.

DEAR LORD, PLEASE USE ME TODAY TO BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS AND TO BE AN ENCOURAGER OF THOSE WHO CROSS MY PATH.


No comments: