Thursday, February 3, 2022

Your sleep will be sweet...


During recent devotions, Nicky Gumbel was talking about "You can trust God"  and having confidence in the Lord. He talked about 6 different aspects, which included wisdom, peace, goodness, love, intimacy, and humility. The aspect, which really grabbed my attention, was peace. In particular, he said "peace comes from a right relationship with God." He also said, "Success at work, wealth and fame are of little value if you do not have peace."

Nicky went on to say, "There is no pillow as soft as a clear conscience: When you lie down, you will not be afraid: when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster (Proverbs 3:24).Whatever happens, you can trust that God is with you and in control."

I thought about "your sleep will be sweet" and realized that it is not always that way for me,  but most often it is! Thinking out loud, there are probably many people, who go to bed with very troubling concerns on their mind, and in some cases, perhaps even uncertain about their own personal safety and security. During my evening prayers, I often pray for a 'restful sleep for all God's children'. The peace I enjoy should never be taken for granted and it is only after thinking further, I realize, that a "sweet sleep" is truly a blessing. 'Thankyou Dear Lord!'  



No comments: