Friday, September 7, 2018

Frogie's back....!



A few days ago, one night while on my front porch, I was surprised to see a frog, who was perched on top of my outdoor light enjoying his dinner which was swarming around the bright light. He seemed to be smiling at me as I took his picture in order to share the discovery with family. I was surprised to see him at least 6 feet up from the porch, as it seemed he could only get on the light fixture by walking up the brick wall! Oh well, they say 'where there is a will, there is a way!' Don't ask! Let's just say, he seemed to be smiling at me and quite pleased with his good fortune!

Froggie having dinner...

That said, Kathie and I had missed seeing him since then, as he had vanished from the porch completely. We had periodically looked to see if he might return for another meal. As recently as last night, he was not there, when we looked before going to bed.

This morning, I got up to turn off the front lights for the day and was pleasantly surprised to see our friend once-again, looking like he had had his fill before daylight! I'm guessing now he will be a regular visitor until winter, when he decides to hibernate until spring!

God has created each creature instinctively to know how best to survive, and I'd guess this guy (I assume he's a guy, since he has no offspring hanging around) will go back home to Mrs. Frog to share his good fortune with her and the family! There is probably a lesson in this for each one of us as well!

Froggie well-fed...

No comments: