Saturday, January 31, 2015

This life is not the end...

This year, I have been using www.bibleinoneyear.org for my time of devotion. I have really enjoyed reading the narratives by Nicky Gumbel which he shares each day in addition to his selected scripture reading.

In his narratives  today entitled 'Lead Like Jesus' ...while talking about a leader's perspective, Nicky said that 'Job's insight foreshadows the New Testament hope of resurrection and eternal life.' He went on to say, 'A godly leader has an eternal perspective, which gives a totally different dimension to Christian leadership.'

I totally agree with Nicky and am reminded of my words in a recent blog that Job didn't have the advantage of knowing Jesus, His death, and resurrection along with His teachings. And yet Job nailed it when he said 'I know that my redeemer lives and in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God (19:25-26).'

DEAR LORD, PLEASE HELP ME TO ALWAYS VIEW MY LIFE FROM AN ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE AND TO BE GUIDED THIS DAY IN ALL THAT I THINK, SAY AND DO ACCORDING TO THY WILL.

No comments: