Friday, January 6, 2012

It's a Matter of the Heart...

Reading from Luke 6:45 today, Jesus said 'The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart, his mouth speaks.'

In one of his proverbs, Solomon is credited in Proverbs 27:19 with saying 'so a man's heart reflects the man'.

And the apostle Peter tells us to 'love one another deeply from the heart' (1 Peter 1:22).

When reading Jesus' words, it really struck me...the simple reality that my behavior today will be a direct reflection of the condition of my heart this very day. It's pretty obvious that how I behave today...how I relate to others, will be guided by what is in my heart today. Putting it another way, it's a matter of the heart.

My prayer today, is that God will give me a 'pure heart' and an 'undivided heart' as found in the Psalms...and that the Holy Spirit will guide me according to His will for me this day. Thank you God for your love and guidance today.






No comments: