Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Be mutually encouraged...


While reading in Romans, chapter 1, I was reminded, once again, of the importance of supporting other believers in their faith. Verses 11 and 12 read: 'I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong - that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.'

In today's hustle and  bustle, it is good to realize that even the Apostle Paul, probably one of the most well known Christians, who ever lived, had a need to be encouraged by his brothers and sisters in the faith! In a book entitled "We Really Do Need Each Other" by Reuben Welch, which I read many years ago, this need is also emphasized.

Let us re-commit ourselves to do this whenever we have an opportunity...this is a Love blessing, which God makes possible, as we try to serve Him each day.

No comments: