Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So much has happened...

Today seems to be the first time I have been able to get back to my blog. Over a month has gone by since my first blog. Today marks a special day because my friend Mick Veach set up his blog today in order to establish a means to discuss concerns and thoughts with friends and people who visit his blog. I'm excited to see what kinds of thoughts he publishes for us to read and respond to...

You know that ole' saying...garbage in...garbage out? It applies to so many things in life, and my blog will be no exception. It will be to a great degree as good as the thoughts that are captured and written here.

Mick mentioned something during opening remarks of our staff meeting today, which I believe is so important to each of us. As parents, and as Christians, don't miss an opportunity to make a difference in the life of another. It might be a brief moment in the life of our child when we can minister to them in a way which is long remembered in the memory of that child. Or it may be something we say or do when someone crosses our path, when we take what may be a fleeting moment to make a difference in that person's life.

I think back over my life when there were missed opportunities to "be there" for another or somehow to be a blessing to another. As I grow older, I realize how important it is to "practice the presence of God" in just seeking to be his "instrument" throughout the day. Please join me in asking God to walk with us and guide every thought and action we take today. In our imperfection, it's always a challenge. But, God will never fail us, if we just ask...

On another note, as of last night, we have about 60 pages in our website, some of which will require weekly updating. Our present plans call for what may be about 90 pages when most of our ideas are in place. Of course, this is a work in progress, so who knows where this will lead? Click this link to visit our church website.

No comments: