Friday, June 26, 2009

Be as one approved...

In 2 Timothy 2:15, Paul writes "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." According to the Title and Background description in my bible about 2 Timothy, during this time, Paul is sensing that his life is nearly at an end and he is giving instructions to Timothy. I believe that Paul's words to Timothy apply similarly to me and other believers today, even though they were written almost two thousand years ago.
I think that we do not have to be ashamed, as Paul describes it, when we speak words received by us from God. Even as we speak, I think we must remain aware of God's presence and leading, so our words will be according to His Will and not of our own will. Only God can make this possible and we must seek God obediently first.
As the Psalmist writes in Psalm 19:14, my prayer is "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Amen.

No comments: