Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Patti's New Earrings...

Today, I am planning to give some earrings to my daughter Patti, which are like some she had purchased recently and later lost one in their church parking lot. The following Sunday, she and the girls found the lost earring on the pavement all broken in pieces and driven on to the point of being unrepairable. Patti asked if I could make a new piece to match the one good earring, which she still had. I made a single earring, but as you might expect, I could not match the original wood closely enough to replace the broken earring. I decided to make a second earring to match the first earring, which I made as the replacement for the broken one. After going to Michaels and purchasing some new pierced ear hooks and silver earring wire, I was able to make two brand new earrings using the original red beads, which she liked. While at Michaels, I also picked out a package of brown wooden beads, just in case I get energetic and make more earrings as gifts. You know that when you are retired, sometimes you get a hankering to make stuff for folks! Anyway, here are the earrings I made for Patti.







No comments: